One Piece-Chasing the Dream

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Set sail on the seas and go chase your dream! Either it be a Pirate, Marine or Bounty Hunter! Travel around and meet lots of people and become the best of the best!

Bringing Peace: The Negotiation of Protection

Kaycee the Bolt
    Kaycee the Bolt

Bringing Peace: The Negotiation of Protection Empty Bringing Peace: The Negotiation of Protection

Post by Kaycee the Bolt Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:38 am

Nina excitingly drove her modified boat to the island of Foodvalten. The weather and location was perfect for her to wear light clothing, in her case: a tank top, shorts reaching mid-thigh, and sandals. She did bring the Yubashiri as well, keeping it in a slot attached to her belt. This was her idea of an ideal outfit when conquering an island of such a kind. "Alright, I'm getting closer. Just two more minutes,"Nina stepped on the gas pedal for the boat, and sped along the ocean to Foodvalten.

At the docks nearest to the entrance of the canyon-like island, she tied the boat down to a wooden post and walked up the rocky beach. She walked cautiously toward a village up ahead and noticed several children playing in the water. "Hello and welcome, traveler! What can we do for ya?"A random old man appeared before Nina, shaking her hand happily. "Oh, I just came to offer a source of protection for everyone. May we discuss this somewhere a little private?"

sc: 12
    Kaycee the Bolt
    Kaycee the Bolt

Bringing Peace: The Negotiation of Protection Empty Re: Bringing Peace: The Negotiation of Protection

Post by Kaycee the Bolt Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:59 am

The old man that had been the first to greet Nina nodded and guided her to a nearby house. Once inside, the both of them began conversing about negotiations about the protection by the Red Scar Pirates. Nina sat across from the old man in the living room, where there were two guards with him. Apparently he didn't get the right idea of "private," but Nina didn't mind too much. She was willing to let him bring in as much safety as needed. "So, what's this about an offer of protection? I've never known pirates to offer a source of protection before. Or...are you even a pirate at all?"The old man interrogated Nina without giving her a real chance to speak. "Oh wait! Where are my manners? I am Mayor Dewley, as you can see. Now, may I ask your name and the answers for my questions?"

Nina blinked a couple of times, but quickly answered the mayor. "My name is Nina and I am an associate with the Red Scar Pirates. This protection is from anyone that poses as a threat to you and your people. Please believe me! We are good people."

sc: 16
    tsc: 28
    Kaycee the Bolt
    Kaycee the Bolt

Bringing Peace: The Negotiation of Protection Empty Re: Bringing Peace: The Negotiation of Protection

Post by Kaycee the Bolt Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:30 am

As Nina made the negotiations with the mayor of Foodvalten, some little children eavesdropped on their conversation. Three little boys and a young girl watched from the window. Too bad they were already noticed. Nina and the mayor watched as one of the bodyguards appeared behind the 4 kids, picking them up by the collar and then taking them home. "Er...What do you think about our offer, Mister Dewley?"Nina asked politely. Mayor Dewley stroked his beard thoughtfully and began to think of what he should do. He knew that her words were sincere to the highest level, but there was the fact that she was a pirate. "I suppose...I will have to accept your offer. I'll have my friend here put up your flag and there is something that I want to give you. As a thank you for this,"Mayor Dewley stood up, and walked nimbly over to a dresser. The other guard approached Nina, asking her for the flag, "I shall put this up for any other pirates to see. And to show that you protect us." Nina gave him the flag that was in her bag and returned her attention to the mayor. She noticed that he had pulled out a sheathed sword wrapped in several layers of cloth. "This is a cursed sword, the Shodai Kitetsu. There is one other one, but there are some things that I must ask you before you're allowed to have that one." The mayor tossed her the covered sword and she looked at him in surprise, "Cursed sword, huh? That means that there is a chance that I will die because of it. I still accept it though,"she said with a bright smile, and the mayor smiled. Nina then asked, "Now, what are these questions that you want to ask me?"

sc: 18
    Legendary sword: Shodai Kitetsu received- 18/15 sc
    Kaycee the Bolt
    Kaycee the Bolt

Post by Kaycee the Bolt Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:36 pm

For several minutes, Nina sat by herself on the comfy cushion of a fancy looking couch inside the mayor's home. The quiet time, which was actually being spent with one of the guards, had been quite nice. She tapped her fingers on her kneecaps for something to do. Without Mayor Dewley's talkative nature present, things were only a little dull. The young girl thought to herself, When is he coming back? I think this big guy is getting to be a bit annoyed with me being here.

"You think you pirates can really protect us?"The big guard man asked Nina, who took this sudden question as a surprise. She nodded of course, but her face was still in the same expression. "I take you up on your word. If you break it...you die,"he finished, and went back to being silent as footsteps closed in. It had to have been the mayor, because the slight popping of his old knees followed the steps. "Well, now that we can really get talking. I went ahead and got my other sword. Now, then...let's begin,"Dewley said with squinted eyes. Nina nodded and said, "Go ahead. I'm ready to listen and answer."

"Are you willing to trade something of high value to get what you want?"Mayor Dewley asked in all seriousness. This was a question to think deeply about. A good one for a youngster to think about. Carefully and thoughtfully, Nina said, "Well, it depends on what is being traded, I suppose. I'm not quite sure what you mean specifically. If it's a sword that's being trade, then I will give away one of my swords. If it's anything else, then I'd have to do some major thinking." The mayor nodded and stroked the whiskers on his face. He thought deeply on her brief words. As expected from someone of a young age. There wasn't too much that they could really say. Most would say that they must grow in these experiences to know how things work.

"Well, I'd say that we are just about finished here. I see you have two other swords, quite well designed. I'll trade you this legendary and cursed sword, Nidai Kitetsu. Believe me, it's worth it. I won't fool you,"he explained, holding out a wrapped weapon to Nina. She stared at it with an intrigued expression. She said as she handed her oldest blades to the old man, "I suppose it is worth it. Thank you very much. You won't regret having us protect you, I promise. Hm, it's getting pretty late, I should head back to my crew." As if it had only been a short meeting, everyone had bid farewell. And now Nina was back in her boat, traveling back to base. For a moment she looked back at Foodvalten to see the Red Scar Pirate flag towering over the island, "Awesome! My first mission as a pirate was a major success. And I get new swords out of it all."

sc: 39
    tsc: 56
    Legendary sword: Nidai Kitetsu received- 39/15 sc

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:17 pm